Pages

Sunday 3 December 2006

Not been a good blogger lately

So what's been going on?

Well, work is quiet. Very quiet. It's the calm before the storm. So much so I had Friday off, which was nice. Doggy and I took Hubby to work then went for a walk in the park. Then I went to that nice butcher and bought braising steak and mince. Then I went to the supermarket (braving some weapons grade plonkers out on the roads!) and bought proper bread-making flour for the bread machine. And some other stuff.

Then I made a loaf of bread (read put the stuff in the bread machine and pressed the button). And some stew, some shepherd's pie mince, and some bol sauce, all of which is now in the freezer. Much to Hubby's disgust I might add.

Yesterday we went and closed our French gift list (about time). We have ordered the dishwasher but right now it has nowhere to live! They said delivery would take about 5 to 7 days so that gives us a bit of time. We also got a new kettle and toaster. But the main thing is the dishwasher. Oh joy!!

We also went and got stationary to do our French thank you cards with. Need to get them done. My Christmas cards came yesterday too so I should write them today. Actually, the weather is really foul, so what better to do than write my Christmas cards? I think Cléo would like to go for a walk, but I also know that if I take her outside, she'll look at me like I've lost the plot. Doggy doesn't really do wind and rain! Right now she is pawing at me because I have the laptop on my lap, and she thinks she should be there!

I also could use today to sort out my Christmas gifts. Haven't really given them much thought actually...

Today is Grandad's 90th birthday. I mustn't forget to call him!!

Next weekend we are going to Reims to see Charlene and Jean-Paul and Chantal. Should be fun. All the more reason to do my cards this weekend, as if I don't I really will run out of time.

Right, I'm off to make another loaf and give this desperate dog some love.

No comments: