Pages

Sunday 11 January 2009

8 times table

A somewhat Confused young miss tagged me this 8 things meme way back in 2008 ;)
So I thought it was about time I replied, and also about time I got on with some blogging.

Here goes.

8 Favourite TV Shows:

1. Top Gear. Some of it is getting a bit tired these days (but come on, it's done 12 seasons of the new format!). The specials (Africa, US road trip, some of the races) are the best.
2. Life on Mars. I'm assuming I can chose programmes no longer on air. Well I just am doing. This was some of the best telly in ages. Gotta love the Gene Genie.
3. EastEnders. I have no shame in admitting to my trash-telly habit.
4. Mock the Week. Much cackling to be had here.
5. Ashes to Ashes. Not as good as Life on Mars. But there's the Gene Genie. And Keeley Hawes is learning to be less annoying.
6. Spooks. Harry Pearce for PM.
7. Only Fools and Horses.
8. Blackadder. Best one was Third series.

8 Things That Happened Yesterday:

1. It was Doggy's 6th birthday! Happy doggy birthday.
2. We bought a huge bag of peanuts at the garden centre to feed the birdies with. Poor birdies. It's very cold.
3. Cocotte & Steph came round for tea. Our excuse this week: Doggy's birthday. Plus we hadn't all seen each other since last year!
4. We went to Renault and looked at cars. They were all too expensive and too diesel-powered.
5. I looked at some other cars on the interweb and chose the one I want.
6. I had an old person's nap.
7. Doggy got a new toy. (No spoilt dogs here. Oh no.)
8. It was 'ckin Baltic. Again.

8 Favourite Places to Eat:

1. Mum & Dad's. Easy answer but then my Mum is a top cook.
2. Chantal & Jean-Paul's (parents-in-law). See above.
3. La Maison Commune. Local café serving local fare.
4. Tea at The Balmoral. For sheer indulgence.
5. La Fenière. It's in the village we go to in the Ardèche and it's lovely.
6. Curry. Here, here, here (biggest peshwari nans you have ever seen), and other places.
7. The Stable Bar for fish and chips.
8. The Dome (more indulgence here).

8 Things I’m Looking Forward To:

1. Next weekend.
2. Spring.
3. Next visit to Scotland.
4. Holiday in June I hope.
5. No longer having this crappy lurgy.
6. Seeing Jeni & kids. Have to sort something out!
7. The weekend after next. (!)
8. Our new translation server at work. That we haven't chosen yet.

8 Things On My Wish List:

1. A new (to me) car.
2. Double glazing.
3. Re-mortgaging to pay for the double glazing.
4. A new laptop battery. So not a priority though.
5. A new gas boiler (that might go in the re-mortgaging as well).
6. Above-zero temperatures (quite soon please!).
7. Tickets to the 6 Nations. Maybe next year. Pete'd be up for that.
8. A housework fairy. I'd settle for just the ironing?

There.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooh, I forgot about Top Gear. That might have bumped the Office off the 8th spot if I'd thought of it.

You've managed to get that done quicker than me with the 'Nobody does it better' thing. I did lots of research while I was over for the holidays though :)

Anonymous said...

I have heard about EastEnders so much, I ave to watch it once. Must.

Lis of the North said...

Hey Vicky. How can you forget Top Gear?! ;) I actually spent quite a while writing this one. You don't realise how much eight things of each is!
Salut Zhu. Oh EastEnders is such a load of nonsense, but rather addictive all the same. Probably you can find it on YouTube.

Anonymous said...

I obviously didn't spend enough time considering it (I did spend ages though, 8 things each really are a lot!)