Pages

Friday 18 April 2008

Marks out of ten?

I'm having a day off (cashing in my overtime, as it were). Because the weather is not, I feel, conducive to outdoor activities (ie it is Baltic out there), I have been piddling away my time on the interweb. Found one of those school teacher rating sites and looked up my illustrious (ahem) former place of learning. Was quite pleased to see a fair few names I recognised in the teacher list, which means I can't possibly be even a little bit old doesn't it?

I have to say I was incredibly lucky at both primary and secondary school. The luck of the draw dealt me mostly decent teachers who had enough enthusiasm for their subjects to catch my interest. If only everyone could be so lucky.

4 comments:

Jane said...

Wow! What a blast from the past. There are loads of names there I recognise, some I'm glad to see, and some that still make me inwardly recoil!

Nope, we def. can't be that old! (?!)

Jxx

Anonymous said...

What a great website!
I've just looked up my old school and can't believe how many teachers are still teaching there now!

Lis of the North said...

I did very much enjoy browsing through the list (and some of the comments - dreadful spelling though). :) Hope you're feeling brighter chicken?
Y'see SG that can only mean one of two things: you are eternally young, like Jane and myself, or all those teachers must be pushing retirement :) I like the former option myself.

Anonymous said...

Nice nostalgia - I've forgotten all my primary school years, and it seems half of my high school ones as well.