Pages

Wednesday 30 May 2007

On the bookshelf

It's about time for another book. In fact, it's been so long I'll do two for the price of one.

First up is If Nobody Speaks Of Remarkable Things, which I actually read ... hmm quite a while ago but I forgot to post on it. It's good. It's a bit frustrating because none of the characters have names, and it's not really about anything so it's hard to follow at times. But some of the passages are really, really well written and it's just a good read.

And I finished The Crow Road not long ago. I really enjoyed it, it made me laugh. Not all the way through, of course. It's like a detective story but without any detectives. I also enjoyed that it was set in Scotland, some of it was very Scottish.

2 comments:

antipodesgirl said...

and I have been thinking of our friend Lis because I have been reading the wonderful Alexander McCall-Smith's Sunday Philosophy Club books which are set in Edinburgh!! Highly recommended.

Lis of the North said...

Hi Adi
I haven't read that series but I can recommend the Scotland Street books. Very Edinburgh :)