Pages

Monday 18 September 2006

Fish & Chips tonight

Not forgetting the mushy peas.

Spoke to Jeni last night at length. Her bump is growing mighty fast apparently. She sounded happy but a bit frazzled with work. Her maternity leave starts soon so she needs to get everything in place for while she's away.

Work for me is going better. We are installed in our new offices and, setting aside some teething troubles, it's incomparable to the mess we were in for the last two weeks. We don't have people digging up the ground right next to our office or knocking the walls down or (even better) digging through the main power cable into the building!!

Work for Hubby appears to be as inspirational as ever (not). Of course, he needs to get his CV sorted out so I can start finding him a job he'd like to do. As I don't really understand what he actually does currently, there is only so much of his CV I can write on his behalf.

We had the usual suspects round for drinks and nibbles on Friday. We finally met Delphine! She seems nice and Jo is happy and that's what counts. Everyone seemed good. It was a good evening.

I got a start on the wedding thank yous. Still have about fifty to do I reckon but at least I started. Mum says she'll pick up the photos tomorrow. I'm a bit jealous that other people will see them before we do but that's life.

Talking of weddings, we still don't have our French marriage certificate. I sent a rather pointed e-mail to the consulate in Edinburgh today to find out what they're playing at. It's not that I care about their stupid French paperwork (after all, we have the marriage certificate issued by the registrar in Scotland that's the main thing), but we actually need the French marriage certificate to sort out more stupid paperwork here. And some of it has to be done within a certain time after the wedding. French administrations, what can you say.

I read one of my 3 for 2 books. It was called Only Strange People Go To Church. I have to say I thought it was going to be better than it was. But it was an easy read and passed the time and did have a couple of funny moments. Don't buy it though you can have my copy.

I'm reading The Incredible Adam Spark now. It's much better. It's one of those "stream of consciousness" type books. It's a bit odd when you start but I'm quite well into it now and it's a good read. Buy it. Of course, I could offer to lend you my copy but I haven't finished yet.

Anyways I have to go my fish & chips are ready.

No comments: